Years of Experience
Days of the Season
Baltic Berry is a Polish blueberry grower and exporter. Our aim is to grow, harvest , pack and supply the best quality fresh blueberry fruit to supermarkets, retailers, and wholesale markets worldwide.
Our base is our own 33-hectare farm with facilities such as a modern coldstore and packhouse of the area of 1200m². The farm is situated in Siwkowice, north of Poland in Pomeranian Voivodeship, 50km to the coastline of the Baltic Sea.
Mild climate of this area and ecological purity of the land favor our blueberry cultivation. Our harvesting season starts in early July and finishes in late September , in some years even in early October.
After being picked our blueberries are transported from the field straight to the coldstore, to one of our two shocking cooling chambers where they are cooled down to 2° Celsius. This lets us maintain the freshness and very good quality of the fruit.
Next the berries are sorted and packed on our new automatic sorting and packing line and sent to customers in the UK and Europe.
During all the growing and packing processes we apply the highest standards of fruit quality maintenance, hygiene and our workers welfare, which is proved each and every year with GlobalGAP, BRC and GRASP certification.
We are your partner in blueberries!
We ensure fresh blueberry fruit supply since July until October. We pack the fruit into the punnets agreed with customers usually ranging from 125g to 500g or other on request. We ensure the maintenance of cold chain. Numerous blueberry varieties let us supply throughout the season.
– Berries are light blue and large in size.
– Firm berries, medium to large light blue with a fairly mild flavour with good keeping qualities.
– The fruit is consistently large and uniform, and is light blue in colour, firm with crisp flesh.
– Very large fuit, slightly flat, medium blue, firm, small scar; flavor excellent.
– Berry large, firm, good flavor.
– Very large fruit, full flavored hanging in long clusters.
– Berries are large, light blue, resistant to cracking, small scar; flavor very good, slightly aromatic.
– Fruit are large, firm, light blue berries with incredible storage ability. Sweet, but slightly tart flavour.
– Fruit medium size, firm, light-blue, high quality
– The fruit is medium to large, sky blue in colour and very firm.
Coldstore and packhouse
Our fruit straight from the field is transported to the coldstore where it is cooled down to 2°C.
The new coldstore facilities built in 2014 include:
– 2 shocking cooling chambers
– 11 coldstore rooms
– 9 ULO controlled atmosphere chambers among them
– Spacious packing area
– Blueberry sorting and packing line
– Social rooms and offices
The whole coldstore area takes 1200 m².
Baltic Berry Sp. z o.o.
packhouse and office
|Waldemar Sapała -Chairman of the Board
Tel. +48 503 176 331
|Joanna Sapała – Polski / English
Tel. +48 604 407 778
|Aleksandra Sapała – Deutsch / German
Tel. +49 157 566 373 14